Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
Total time: 16 minutes
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup canned diced Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp. chopped red onion
- 4 (4-oz.) catfish fillets
- Cajun seasoning
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to high (400°F to 450°F). For the salsa, in a medium bowl combine black-eyed peas, bell pepper, tomatoes, and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Liberally sprinkle one side of fillets with Cajun seasoning; set aside.
- Coat a large sheet of heavy-duty foil with nonstick cooking spray. Crimp edges of foil to form a pan. Place foil pan on grill rack. Place fillets, seasoned side down, on foil. Grill, covered, 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon black-eyed pea salsa on fillets and serve.
recipe notes: Make it a meal: serve with cornbread and sliced watermelon.
|fat:||9 g (14 %)||9.05 g|
|cholesterol:||53 mg (18 %)||53.30 mg|
|sodium:||326 mg (14 %)||326.36 mg|
|carbohydrate:||12 g (4 %)||12.24 g|
|dietary fiber:||3 g (12 %)||2.94 g|
|protein:||22 g||21.51 g|
* Recipe developed for Integrated Marketing Services Photography by Visual Cuisines