Blue Bunny Premium Chef Duff 24 Karat Carrot Cake™ flavored ice cream, carrot cake and glazed apples combine to create a luxurious pie.
Equipment: Non-stick skillet
Makes: 8 servings
- 4 cups Blue Bunny® Premium Chef Duff 24 Karat Carrot Cake™ Ice Cream, softened, or any Blue Bunny® Premium Ice Cream flavor
- 1 (6 oz.) prepared graham cracker crust
- 3 large crisp, red-skinned apples, cored
- 2 tbsp. fat free caramel sundae syrup
- 1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Fat Free Caramel Sundae Syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted pecan halves, broken
- Spread softened ice cream evenly in pie crust; cover and freeze at least 4 hours or until solid.
- Ten minutes before serving pie, remove pie from freezer; uncover and set aside.
- Thinly slice apples, leaving peeling on. In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, toss apples with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons caramel syrup. Cook just until apples soften but still maintain their shape, about 10 minutes, turning often.
(If necessary, remove apple slices to a bowl as they cook to prevent overcooking.) Cut pie into 8 slices; top each with about 1/3 cup glazed apples. Drizzle with caramel syrup and sprinkle with broken pecans. Serve immediately.