Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes*
Total time: 12 minutes*
- 4 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 lb. French green beans (haricots verts), trimmed**
- 3 tbsp. thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
- For the vinaigrette, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, mustard and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add beans; cook 2 minutes. Drain, then immediately place beans in a large bowl of ice water. Let stand in ice water 3 minutes. Drain; transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over beans. Add shallots; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts and serve.
Recipe notes: *3 minutes stand time extra
**Or use snap beans if French beans are unavailable, and increase cooking time by 2 minutes.
|fat:||9 g (14 %)||9.26 g|
|cholesterol:||6 mg (2 %)||5.60 mg|
|sodium:||60 mg (2 %)||59.98 mg|
|carbohydrate:||11 g (4 %)||11.13 g|
|dietary fiber:||4 g (17 %)||4.15 g|
|protein:||4 g||4.41 g|
* Recipe developed for Integrated Marketing Services Photography by Visual Cuisines