Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 18 minutes
- 5 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. mixed baby bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. bay scallops
- 2 tsp. peeled, minced gingerroot
- 3 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- For the sauce, in a small bowl stir together teriyaki sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- In a large skillet heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add scallops and ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add green onions; cook 1 minute or until scallops are opaque and firm. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute.
- Spoon rice into 4 individual bowls. Spoon scallop mixture over rice and serve.
|fat:||9 g (13 %)||8.68 g|
|cholesterol:||19 mg (6 %)||18.71 mg|
|sodium:||964 mg (40 %)||963.57 mg|
|carbohydrate:||46 g (15 %)||46.10 g|
|dietary fiber:||4 g (15 %)||3.64 g|
|protein:||16 g||15.52 g|
* Recipe developed for Integrated Marketing Services Photography by Visual Cuisines