- 1/2 cup granular erythritol
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. stevia powder (equivalent to 1 cup sugar)
- 6 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped (high quality is best)
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1-1/2 to 1-2/3 cups canned lite coconut milk, unsweetened almond milk, or other non-dairy milk (evaporated milk may also be used), divided*
- 1/4 cup butter or Earth Balance
Put erythritol, stevia, and xanthan gum in a blender; process until a fine powder. Let set briefly so powder settles. Add chocolate and vanilla. Heat 1 cup milk until hot but not boiling, add to blender and cover; let stand 2 to 3 minutes to soften chocolate; process until chocolate is melted. Add remaining (cold) milk and butter; cover and blend on high until frosting thickens and is smooth, scraping sides, if necessary. Mixture will thicken slightly as it sets and will thicken more if chilled.
*Stir in additional milk to desired consistency.
Makes about 3 cups.
Developed by: Little Roc Recipe Company